Christmas is around the corner and you must be wondering how to bake a Christmas cake with your own hands for your friends and family. We have presented this blog to make your festive season glamorous and delightful. You can order Christmas cake online but to bake with your hand has a different level of satisfaction. Read through the entire blog and you will emerge as one of the professional bakers this festive season.
For baking a simple cake, the ingredients that you would need are as follows-
- Granulated sugar- 1 cup
- All-purpose flour (maida)- 1½ cup
- Melted butter- ½ cup
- Vegetable oil- ½ cup
- Vanilla Essence- 1 teaspoon
- Cocoa powder- 3 tablespoon
- Baking powder- ½ teaspoon
- Chopped almonds- ¼th cup
- Chopped raisins- ¼th cup
- Chopped cashew nuts- ⅓th cup
- Cherry- 4 or 5 (in numbers)
- Egg- 3 (optional)
- Milk- ¼th cup
Step by step instructions
This paragraph purely focuses on the preparation of the cake batter.
- Take the all-purpose flour in a bowl and add oil to it. Mix it well.
- Then add eggs if you are not vegetarian. Again mix well.
- Ground sugar has to be added after that.
- Mix for 5- 10 minutes until you obtain a homogeneous mixture.
- You can add milk or liquefied butter if you want some royal taste.
- Add baking soda and baking powder.
- Add vanilla essence if you want to bake a vanilla cake or cocoa powder if you want to bake a chocolate cake.
Your batter is ready. If the steps seem difficult to you now, you can order cake online in Delhi. You will be saved from the tedious task of baking the cake.
- After preparing the cake batter, you have to prepare the cake pans. Coat the cake pan with butter or oil at the bottom and the sides. Then sprinkle some all-purpose flour on the pan. Jiggle and shake it till it reaches every corner of the pan. You can use parchment paper instead of these.
- Slowly pour the batter into the pan. Make sure that the pan is not 1/3rd fill before you start to heat it. If you are using two batters of different flavors, try to mix them in equal proportions to maintain the taste of the cake. While pouring the batter, try to hit the plan against the slab a few times. This prevents the formation of air bubbles in the cake.
- Now take a big pot (almost double the size of the pan), a lid that fits perfectly, and a metal ring. Preheat the pot.
- Now, place the ring in the pot to create a buffer. And then keep the pan on the ring. You can also keep some pebbles or sand granules in the space between the pot and the pan.
- Cover the pot with a lid and switch on the gas oven. Heat it for 40- 45 minutes to completely bake the cake. Time may vary depending on the quantity of the batter.
- Switch off the gas oven when it is done. You can check with a toothpick. Let the cake cool down completely and then take out the cake from the pan.
Using Micro Oven
- Take a microwave-safe pot and lubricate the side using butter or oil.
- Pour the batter into the pot slowly.
- Place the pot in the oven and set it to ‘Micro’ mode.
- Set the temperature to 100° celsius and the timer to 6-8 minutes.
- After the Microvan goes off, take out the pot and let it cool down.
Serving the Cake with Delight
The Christmas cake should be served with extra decorations. Hunt for some Christmas Cake designs in your brain, and you will land up with many. We have given below a few ingredients that you can use to make the cake look dashing.
- You can prepare the Chocolate sauce to decorate the top of the cake.
- Dark chocolate bars and milk chocolate bars are also available in the market. You can use them to give your cake a delicious layer of cream.
- Colorful toffees like Gems can give a different shade of life to your cake.
- Using Chocolate wafers and Chocolate balls for cake decoration are in trend nowadays.
- Cherry or other cut and dried fruits are nothing less in making your cake special.
- Edible ink is often used to draw or write something on the cake surface. If you are an artist good enough, who knows your guests may get confused about who baked the cake.
Baking a healthy and delicious cake sounds easy? Then do not wait for more. Jump in the cake batter and let us know your experiences. If you are in for ordering Christmas cakes online, Yummy Cakes can be your right opinion. We deliver the best cakes at affordable prices at your doorstep. We even have the option of midnight cake delivery for people staying in Delhi and Noida. Whoever bakes the cake, fun and enlightenment should be the prime factor. Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas from the entire team of YummyCake!!!